179182 BorgWarner Turbo S400SX SX 82mm (110/87) S482 Turbocharger
BorgWarner S482SX aka 11087 82.2mm S400SX (179182)
The brand new 82.20mm S400SX FMW turbocharger from BorgWarner’s 2011 Airwerks lineup is the single most powerful and highest flowing T4 footprint turbo ever released to the high performance racing community. This turbo is ideal for people who want to make power levels typically seen with T6 turbos; but with better fitment, faster spool and without the need to change the manifold or downpipe. Using state-of-the-art blade aero on both the 82.20mm inducer / 109.73mm exducer compressor and the 87.37mm turbine wheel, this turbo is designed for use in high power and high boost 900-1300+ whp applications.
The S400SX shares identical fitment as GT42R (5″ inlet compressor hsg inlet and 4″ V-Band turbine outlet) and is ideal for applications looking for T6 levels of power but with T4 spool and fitment. Available with a 1.10 A/R turbine housing OR upgradeable to a 1.25 A/R for extremely high boost operations and if extra exhaust flow is required. Full-Race strongly recommends using an upgraded transmission! Journal Bearing and Oil Cooled only (watercooling and BB CHRA not applicable).
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 109.73mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 82.20mm
- Max Flow Rate: 127 lb/min
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 5.5″ Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 3″ Hose Coupler
- Turbine Type: Inconel S400SX Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 87.37mm
- Housing Material: D5S sandcast
- Housing Size and A/R ratio: S400SX 11087 (S482) 1.25 A/R
- Available with .90, 1.00, and 1.10 A/R - Contact us for Pricing